Food & Fun
In the past decade, the front range has attracted a plethora of talented chefs, artisans, and restaurateurs. Denver boasts a growing list of great restaurants, coffee shops, bars, food trucks, etc. Here are our recommendations for mixing Denver’s dazzling culinary flavors into your week.
Denver’s many coffee shops are great for a quick jolt, getting some work done between sessions, or even getting those “Nice Meeting You” emails out. Here’s a list of the best spots in Denver that are close to all the DSW action.
- Crema Coffee House (near Enterprise Coworking)
- Little Owl (heart of LoDo)
- Pig Train (in Union Station)
- Capital One Café (16th and Wewatta)
- Backstage Coffee (closest to Basecamp)
Want to grab lunch with a friend or new acquaintance? Need a quick bite in-between keynotes? The following spots are perfect for a meal on the go.
- Intermission Cafe (Downtown, 18th and Larimer)
- Cheba Hut (on Champa, near Basecamp)
- Modern Market Eatery (a healthier option near Basecamp)
- Denver Central Market (Larimer and 27th, in RiNo)
- Biker Jim’s Gourmet Dogs (21st and Larimer, Downtown near Coors Field)
- Denver Milk Market (Food market near Union Station)
- Snarf’s Sandwich Shop (Various locations)
- Avanti F&B (Restaurant hub in LoHi)
You’re having a great conversation with a potential angel investor when she says, “Let’s grab dinner, I wanna hear more.” Lucky for you, there are places with the right atmosphere for talking shop all around you!
- The Populist (on Larimer in RiNo)
- The Nickel (near UC Denver)
- Rioja (near UC Denver)
- Acorn (inside The Source in RiNo)
- Stoic & Genuine (Union Station)
- Palace Arms at The Brown Palace (CBD)
- Linger (Upscale dining in LoHi)
Parties, Nightlife and Fun
DSW isn’t all business. Denver knows how to party, too! Attend these events to de-stress and unwind after a day of learning and connecting.
- DSW Opening Bash (Huge party with all of your DSW friends!)
- Denver Startup Week Closing Bash (Best way to close out the week.)
- Denver Startup Week Job Fair and Showcase (It’s a job fair… with a DJ!)
- Startup Crawl (A food-and-drink filled tour of some of Denver’s local startups.)
- Puppy Panel (Stop by Choozle to snack, have a drink, and play with some puppies!)
- Downtown Denver Coloring Party (Meet up with fellow DSW attendees to de-stress over some coloring!)
Got an extra day in Denver? Here are some cultural activities to help you make the most of your visit to the mile high city.
- Get outdoors! You’re only half an hour away from some of the most beautiful mountains in the country. AllTraills is great for finding spots to explore.
- Experience the nightlife in the LoHi, Ballpark, and RiNo neighborhoods.
- Explore the State Capitol and surrounding CapHill neighborhood.
- Visit a museum, or one of Denver’s beautiful parks.
- Go on a ghost tour of one of Denver’s haunted spots.
- Stroll through the Denver Botanic Gardens.
- Catch a show at Red Rocks amphatheatre, or just go visit!
- Go to a Rockies game or take a tour of Coors Field.